- Online talent hunt for singers
- Lafango's Bollywood Singer 2010 to be judged by Indian Playback Singers
- Lafango : World’s biggest online multimedia talent platform
- Sound CHECK
- US company launches online talent hunt in India
- US based TalentTrove launches “Bollywood Singer- 2010”
- Middle School TV Tech Wins International Music Competition
- Ripple News - TalentTrove's Michael Kelly Guitar Contest
- Left Handed Guitar Player And TalentTrove
- Got Chops? TalentTrove Hosts “Best Guitar Solo” Contest
- TalentTrove Announces Michael Kelly Guitar Contest
- A Trove of Undiscovered Talent - An Interview with TalentTrove's founder, Davinder Singh
- Web Survival: Aspiring artists can get the break they need at networking website
- 10 Internet companies to watch out for in 2009
- Virtual Stage to showcase your talent
Iselin, NJ - Today, there is much concern over the use and overuse of all forms of fossil fuels. Who better to solve this problem than the future leaders of tomorrow?
To make a significant change in the way we consume oil, we must find an alternative to the greatest by-product of oil, automobile gasoline. Out of the total 20 million barrels per day of oil consumed in the US, approximately 9 million barrels are refined into gasoline. If we were to find an alternative to gasoline, there will be virtually no greenhouse gas emissions and we will put a significant dent in how much oil we consume as opposed to worldwide production. This is why it is imperative that a gasoline substitute be found now, to protect the world that we are leaving for our children.
Davinder Singh, the founder and CEO of TalentTrove, Inc. said,
The issue of finding a viable alternative to fossil fuels is beyond critical. At the rate that our world consumes oil, there is no telling how long it will take for our ecosystem and our way of life to collapse.
Any student enrolled at an accredited undergraduate institution may enter the contest for a chance to win. The subject of the essay will be: "What is a viable alternative to fossil fuels?"
- 1st Place: $1,000 Scholarship
- 2nd Place: $500 Scholarship
- 3rd Place: $250 Scholarship
For this contest, each student will be required to submit an essay between 800 and 1,500 words to their Lafango account. Lafango is free to join and use. Most importantly, all Lafango users are protected by a Creative Commons license. Put simply, students retain individual ownership of their submitted material, and only give us permission to post their work to a public forum. Naturally, written material on Lafango is cannot be printed or simply downloaded.
This scholarship opportunity gives students a chance to showcase their ideas on how to find a viable alternative to fossil fuels.
To learn more about the competition, please visit:
From musicians to comedians, singers to dancers, and models to photographers Lafango gives everyday people the ability to showcase their talents with the world. Lafango serves as a multimedia platform for artists and talent seekers to connect through multiple features including distinctive categories, advanced social networking and live media distribution.